The 6th Australian National Soil Judging Competition will be held at the end of Semester-2, 15th through 18th of November 2018, running out of the Australian National University, ACT.
This year the competition precedes the National Soil Science Conference allowing the option of students to stay on and register for that event as well.
All Australian and New Zealand Universities are welcome to submit a team.
Teams consist of up to four students (both undergraduate and postgraduate students are permitted) and a coach/ supervisor. University teams will be playing for individual pride as well as bragging rights.
Download the printable PDF flyer for full details
The week will be full of both educational and social activities which will include;
- Welcoming evening social event (evening of November 15 )
- 2 days of practice pits with experienced soil scientists. A great opportunity to learn about the diverse soils and landscapes around the nation’s capital. (November 16/17)
- A day of fierce individual and team competition. (November 18)
- Event wrap up dinner will occur at the end of the competition in central Canberra (November 18)
- Competition awards presented after the first morning session at the National Soils Conference (approx 10am on November 19).
Intend to compete?
Coaches, please Click here to complete your notice of intent.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com