The 6th Australian National Soil Judging Competition will be held at the end of Semester-2, 15th through 18th of November 2018, running out of the Australian National University, ACT.
This year the competition precedes the National Soil Science Conference allowing the option of students to stay on and register for that event as well.
All Australian and New Zealand Universities are welcome to submit a team.
Teams consist of up to four students (both undergraduate and postgraduate students are permitted) and a coach/ supervisor. University teams will be playing for individual pride as well as bragging rights.
Download the printable PDF flyer for full details
The week will be full of both educational and social activities which will include;
- Welcoming evening social event (evening of the 15th Nov )
- 2 days of practice pits with experienced soil scientists. A great opportunity to learn about the diverse soils and landscapes around the nation’s capital. (16/17th Nov).
- A day of fierce individual and team competition. (18th Nov 18).
- Event wrap up dinner will occur overlooking the picturesque landscape of Canberra (18th Nov TBC)
- Competition awards presented during lunch at the National Soil Science Conference (19th Nov TBC)
Intend to compete?
Coaches, please Click here to complete your notice of intent.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org